The BOT Advantage
Build-Operate-Transfer is a service model which allows a client to incubate a subsidiary in an offshore destination with a local service provider, until the subsidiary reaches satisfactory maturity for full transfer of ownership to the client. It has become the preferred service model for middle-stage and mature startups as well as established firms. The model allows them greater management control of their offshore resources and protecting them from opaque and opportunistic resource management by traditional outsourcing vendors.
- Understand short-term and long-term needs and vision.
- An ongoing iterative process, as needs evolve.
- Establish smooth communication, project feasibility.
- Align processes and team bonding.
- Clients evaluate Teleparadigm’s capabilities, and determine a fit.
- Clients benefit from tighter control, quicker return on investment, and agile product/feature management.
- Use Teleparadigm’s template to determine if you should outsource to us or have your own "Dedicated Development Facility".
- If it is too early, you may continue with a real project, and revisit BOT. Foresight will help you in the long run.
- Create hiring plan, set up office space for exclusivity, find customer representative(s) to deploy locally, and identify project manager(s).
- Clients have right to interview prospective team members.
- Excellent office facilities and latest computing resources.
- Teleparadigm continues ongoing hiring, training, project management
- Teleparadigm shall not reassign any engineers to other customers’ projects.
- Client takes over full operations of subsidiary and wholly owns it.
- Continue using office facilities or establish new office.
- Teleparadigm offers additional legal, accounting, HR/payroll, logistical, and technical support through transition. For a longer operational engagement, the transfer could even be free.
Benefits and Pitfalls
BOT is an organic way of establishing an offshore subsidiary, by growing the team into the company culture gradually and with total focus, as the business grows and using a local service to manage local recruitment, HR policies, office space, logistics and culture. The benefits of using a BOT model typically outweigh ‘going it alone’ to set up a subsidiary.
|Advantages vs traditional service model||Disadvantages vs traditional service model|